Once again Zonta Club of Bluffton will be awarding scholarship money to women ages 16 to 22 residing in Beaufort and Jasper County. This money is to help finance their secondary education.
The first step in the scholarship process is download the 5th annual GO GIRL! Scholarship Application.
Zonta Club of Bluffton GO GIRL! Scholarship
The Zonta Club of Bluffton awards 2 scholarships - $1000 each. The scholarship money will be sent to the winners’ college or university for the fall semester. Scholarship money will only be sent to the college/university after student enrollment and once student provides, (a) Student ID (b) college/university name (c) address.
– Must be a female seeking higher education
– Age eligibility is 16 – 22 years
– Must be a resident of Beaufort or Jasper Counties
– Must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
– Must attend Zonta Club of Bluffton’s Go Girl! Program on Saturday, March 19, 2016 at Weichert Realty Office in Moss Creek from 8am to 11:00am.
All applications must include the following to be considered:
APPLICANT MUST COMPLETE:
• Form 1 (Application)
• Form 2 (Written Statement) Please provide to a personal statement that includes but is not limited to; higher education plans, personal and academic accomplishments, philanthropic/community involvement, awards, etc.
GUIDANCE COUNSELOR MUST COMPLETE:
• Form 3 (Guidance Form). This form should be given to your Guidance Counselor to complete and mail separately to the PO Box listed below. You may wish to supply stamped pre-addressed envelopes.
REFERENCES (2) MUST COMPLETE:
• Reference Form A
• Reference Form B
The two references must be a teacher and a person who knows you well or has supervised you in some capacity. These forms are to be completed and mailed separately to the P.O box listed below. You may wish to supply stamped pre-addressed envelopes.
Application Submission Address:
Please submit application by mail to:
Zonta Club of Bluffton “Go Girl” Scholarship
PO Box 449
Bluffton, SC 29910
Please direct any questions to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call Susan Olmstead at 843-338-3313
The application and associated forms must be received
by Friday, April 15, 2016
Previous scholarship winners: from l-r Tibra Wheeler (Bluffton High School), Courtney Adkins (Bluffton High School) and Elizabeth Mitchell (Whale Branch Early College High School). We were so impressed with these young ladies and wish them well in their future studies. Way to GO, GIRLS!